ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.
I.T. Service Management Systems
ISO 20000 differentiates from ISO 9001 by specifying additional / other requirements that are specifically related to the IT service industry. One of the key differences is that ISO 20000 is also based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
Companies that are certified to ISO 20000 have an advantage over their competitors in the following areas:
- Recognition of compliance by an independent and accredited certification body
- Management systems and plans that meet an internationally recognized standard ensuring the best possible management systems and methods known in the industry
- Better control and improvement through having established and approved management systems
- A more fully planned organization that has a deeper level of management rather than flying by the seat of their pants or just on talent alone.
Working with ISO Helpers to gain certification to ISO 20000 is an important step to realizing all of the above. Consider the following benefits:
- Cost: low price and high quality work. We don’t use templates
- Speed: up to 90 days from start to finish meaning you can stop procrastinating and start winning tenders