ISO/TS 16949 quality management standard for the automotive industry.
ISO/TS16949 is an ISO technical specification aimed at the development of a quality management system that provides for continual improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain.
Benefits in your organization getting AS9100 certification
- Licence to trade: For most vehicle manufacturers, certification is a mandatory requirement that is internationally recognized – helping you to do business worldwide.
- Reduces waste and prevents defects: The specification is based on ISO 9001:2008 and encourages a process approach. Understanding the inter-relationship of processes through the use of the standard can enable improved product and process quality and ultimately avoids variation in the supply chain.
- Flexible and easy to adopt: ISO /TS 16949 is based on ISO 9001, making the process approach easy to adopt and integrate with other key management systems including ISO 14001 Environmental and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety. It also complements many existing business improvement tools, such as FMEA, PPAP, and Six Sigma.
- Brand reputation: Certification can provide additional confidence and consistency to all interested parties in global sourcing, enabling greater business opportunities, and attracting more investment prospects.
- Saves money by avoiding duplication: For suppliers and a number of different vehicle manufacturers, certification to ISO/TS 16949:2002 avoids the need for multiple certificates to VDA6.1, EAQF, QS-9000 and AVSF, thereby eliminating duplication in preparation and documentation as well as second- and third-party audits.